UV Efficacy Card -
How effective is your UV-product?
When considering a product, consumers often ask themselves: does it hold promise? The simple and easy to use UV Efficacy Test accurately demonstrates the product effectiveness.
When exposed to UV rays, the test reacts with a color change.
Extreme color results indicate a higher intensity of the UV level. Covering one test area with the SPF product against the one without any protective product proves the effectiveness within seconds.
How does it work?
1. Expose test area to sun or UV lamp for about 10 seconds.
2. Both test fields will react to ultraviolet rays and - depending on UV intensity - the test field will change color from light to dark purple.
3. Withdraw from sun or UV lamp and wait until test fields change back to white.
4. Apply sun protection product onto one half of the test area.
5. Expose to UV light (sun or UV lamp) again. See how the unprotected area turns purple whereas the test field with sun protection does not show any color change. This test shows how effective your product protects against UV rays.
Card: 85 x 55 mm
250 g/m2 paper
Indicators are irreversible when product has been applied - one-time use only