Effective Date: July 2016
Amended: May 15, 2018
USP Indicator Solutions and its employees know that you care about how the personal data we receive about you is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes USP Indicator Solution’s privacy practices in relation to information that we collect through our website, our social media pages located at LinkedIn and Google+ (collectively, the “social media pages”), inquiries, workshops, online or offline meetings. This Privacy Notice explains the types of information we collect from you and how this is used. By using the site, you are accepting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this Privacy Notice.
You can receive a copy of this Privacy Notice by contacting us at email@example.com.
1. What Types of Information Does USP Indicator Solutions Collect?
Personal Data. “Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, which may include: first name, last name, salutation, job title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, and/or email address, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Other Information. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
2. How Does USP Indicator Solutions Collect Information?
We collect Personal Data and Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We collect information through the Sites, e.g. when you request a free demo, login to the Demo Asset Library, login to our Work Section, contact us, download content (e.g. white papers), or register to the use of our Site.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend a workshop, meeting, during phone calls with our sales, marketing or order management team, or when you contact a USP Indicator Solutions representative.
- Through You: USP Indicator Solutions collects information such as your preferred means of communication, your location when you voluntarily provide it.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases and social media platforms.
- Through Cookies: When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us, among other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Sites. For details see our Cookies Policy.
3. How does USP Indicator Solutions Use Personal Data?
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you demo tools, prototypes, contracts, or other information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat, etc., in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, improving or modifying our Sites and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Communicating with you about solutions, services and any special offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will collect and use your Personal Data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for direct marketing and sales of our solutions and services to prospective Business-to-Business customers.
4. How will USP Indicator Solutions Share Personal Data It Receives?
Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, printing and fulfillment operations. We do not share information with third parties. We will not disclose any personal information without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- If we believe it necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities;
- In response to court orders or legal process, or to exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- If USP Indicator Solutions GmbH, this website or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
5. How Does USP Indicator Solutions Secure Personal Data About Me?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the information you have given to us in order to protect your privacy. Your personal information is stored on servers that are behind a firewall and physically located within a secured data centre. In addition, our internal practices limit access to and use of your personal information and therefore help to secure your privacy.
6. How Can I Access, Correct, Amend or Remove Information About Me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of a Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by USP Indicator Solutions, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, please use the mechanisms outlined in Section 8 (What Choices Do I Have).
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to reusing such access, change or deletion.
7. How Does USP Indicator Solutions Retain Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is stored by us for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information. If you choose to do so, we will likely be limited in responding to your inquiry or providing our services to you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing messages from USP Indicator Solutions by unsubscribing through the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email, or by sending an email to email@example.com. We will comply with your requests(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may still send you important administrative messages, even though you opted-out of receiving marketing-related emails.
9. Third Party Sites.
Our Sites permit you to link to other websites on the Internet through direct links or through applications such as “share” or “like” buttons. The information practices or content of such other websites is governed by the privacy statements of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice.
Additionally, please note, that we are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure policies and practices of other organizations, such as Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, etc.
10. Sensitive Information.
We ask you not to send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Data (e.g.; social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or via other means.
11. Changes To This Privacy Notice.
USP Indicator Solutions may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The “Effective Date” legend at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Note will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Sites.
12. Questions, Comments And Concerns.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please contact our Data Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at: Pharmaziegasse 5, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria.
USP Indicator Solutions will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.